Nationwide Biweekly Administration, Inc. (NBA) is proud to be one of the nation’s largest and most recognized administrators for biweekly programs. NBA's industry leading program, The Interest Minimizer, is helping hundreds of thousands of Americans save billions of dollars in interest charges. NBA is based out of Xenia, Ohio.
We are seeking a General Accountant who will be integral member of our professional team. The General Accountant coordinates and manages General Ledger activities, performs monthly closing, and assists with external audits. We are looking for a General Accountant with a strong accounting background and excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and present financial information.
As a General Accountant, he/she will be responsible for preparing, reviewing, analyzing and reporting financial statements and other financial reports to management. He/she will also prepare journal entries, perform GL account analyses and reconciliation, process and file accounts payable invoice payments, and maintain GL system..
- Preparing journal entries and assisting in month-end accounting close functions to include preparing journal entries, posting transactions, accruals, and account reconciliations and analysis
- Assisting with the preparation and analysis of monthly internal management reporting package for results of operations
- Assisting in preparing required reports for external reporting as necessary
- Responsible for full cycle AP processing and daily expense transactions including vendor inquiries
- Assisting with preparing Fixed Assets depreciation and book keeping.
- Providing cross-functional backup to other accounting functions including treasury and payroll
- Actively participating in the documenting / development of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Participating in special projects to support management’s need for financial statement analysis and process improvement projects
- Assisting in GAAP compliance
A detail-oriented General Accountant who is proactive, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement. For this accounting position, it is essential that you have the ability to measure information, connect with other departments, research information and relay to upper management. In this role you must confidently use your understanding of financial concepts, practices, and tools to effectively manage multiple projects in a corporate setting.
Additional General Accountant requirements:
Benefits and other information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related studies
- 3 or more years of total finance and accounting experience including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement preparation
- Public accounting experience, a plus
- Working Knowledge of QuickBooks, a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Medical insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional career training opportunities
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications